Thursday, December 10, 2009

Minneapolis a Love Affair

Minneapolis is a lovers' city, name something that you LOVE or love to do and odds are that you will find it here. That is why I love this city.

Let's cover some basic topics of love.
Loving to do...
~I love to see beautiful city skylines and go on scenic walks...so in Minneapolis I often visit Lake Calhoun and the Minnehaha Falls area. The most beautiful skyline of Mpls can be seen while driving into the city on 35W from either direction. To walk north to south on the Stone Arch Bridge makes my heart tingle, especially with a loved one's hand tangled in mine.
~I love to be downtown for nightlife and good eats...there are authentic eateries and dining out locations for all budgets that I have discovered around town. In uptown, Azia, Il Gato, Stella's are lovables meanwhile downtown Old Spaghetti Factory, Kieran's, The Local are just a few of the lovables. In the northeast we have the Red Stag and so much more! Every direction you go, you will find original and quality dining, so a passion for food will go a long way.
~I love art...with seasonal art shows and great museums Minneapolis is one of the best places in the Nation to find and satisfy a love for art and theater. The MIA on the southside of town is gauranteed to quench your thirst for art meanwhile Hennepin Ave will dazzle your eyes with weekly shows.

Loving to feel...
~Connected to the community...and in Minneapolis I feel as though there is a community and those within the community truly strive to make their city a safe and better home. There are many community groups that help make this work, such as NOMI in North Minneapolis, the Lake Calhoun boys of Uptown, and the many business associations in each district.
~That the City itself is passionate about making their city a 5 star home and place to see. I like to see tourists and folks interested in the history and current offerings of my home, in addition I recognize that with tourism comes money and hopefully that will keep some tax money from coming out of my pocket right?
~As though I am in a small town yet it's still a big city. I believe Minneapolis provides that small town feel meanwhile bringing the big town fun.

We live in such a wonderful city and part of the world; Best Buy and Target are based here and they are two of the world powers in the commercial market, therefore stabilizing tons of jobs meanwhile bringing dollars from abroad back home to the community to which the business is in to give back. Everywhere I go and the charities to which I belong, I see Target supporting them financially and more.

What do you love about this city? I will expand more soon, until then...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment